Jenkintown Library is a nonprofit organization that receives state and local funding but also depends on generous contributions from friends and patrons. Your tax-deductible gift each year to the Annual Fund makes up the difference between what tax dollars cover and the actual cost of running the library. The Annual Fund is like a checking account for the library that helps us sustain and build our educational programs and collections, serve our patrons' technology needs, and literally keep our lights on. Though we call it an Annual Fund, donations come in all year long, and we appreciate them at any time during the year. This ongoing support is vital to help us meet public funding shortfalls that happen all year long.
There are many ways to donate to the Jenkintown Library – by Paypal (the "Donate" button, above), regular mail or in person at the library. In addition to gifts of cash, we welcome gifts of securities and will provide you with information on how to transfer such assets to Jenkintown Library. Gifts of all sizes are gratefully accepted and are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Consider the following “giving ideas”:
- Make a gift in honor of a loved one’s birthday or anniversary;
- Honor the memory of a loved one, neighbor or co-worker;
- Sponsor a book;
- Give a gift of securities;
- Designate a gift to the library in your will;
- Name the library as your charity for the next corporate fundraiser;
- Have a party to celebrate a milestone with the gifts designated for the library;
- Use our community room to host your event to raise funds for the library;
- Donate a valuable item or vacation destination that we can offer as part of a raffle fundraiser;
- Organize a fundraiser for the library! Contact us at with your idea and one of our Board members will be in touch!
Be sure you are on our email list so you get information about our fundraiser events! You can sign up here.
Would you like to donate a book in honor of someone? Click here for a printable form.
Happy First Birthday to the Bookstore at Jenkintown Library
Many thanks to all of you who have made donations to the Bookstore in the basement of the Jenkintown Library. We are pleased to be able to offer fiction and nonfiction on a variety of topics for children, teens, and adults. Recently, music CDs and film DVDs have been added. To continue to be able to offer quality items, please keep in mind that gently used items are most attractive to prospective buyers. We have found that the following items do not sell: textbooks, encyclopedia sets, workbooks, out-of- date manuals, directories, used activity books, and books that are damaged or have writing in the margins and/or underlined passages. Paperback books in poor condition may be placed in your recycling bin. Please consider posting textbooks on eBay or Craig’s List. Thank you!