Welcome to the Jenkintown Library information page for the Passport Acceptance Facility.
Jenkintown Library accepts passport applications by appointment Monday through Friday and by walk-in, first come, first served on two Saturdays a month (beginning in May 2017). Monday through Friday appointments are generally early afternoons from 1:30 PM to 2:30 or 3:00 PM. Evening appointments are Mondays and Thursdays from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Saturday walk-ins are scheduled from 10:20 AM until 3:40 PM with a break for lunch. They are done on a first come, first served basis and once the time slots are filled no other applicants will be accepted that day.
Please read the following information as it explains what you will need to apply for your passport. If you arrive without all items needed to process your application, you will need to either reschedule your appointment or come back on another walk-in Saturday. Appointments fill up quickly and are often booked a month and a half in advance, so it is a good idea to plan ahead. Please call us at (215) 884-0593 and ask for Bonnie or Ulana to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.
In general it takes 4-6 weeks for standard processing and 2-3 weeks for expedited processing of passport applications through the U.S. Department of State.
1. Minors (under 16 years) must have both parents present or have from the absent parent a notarized Statement of Consent (DS-3053) and photocopies front and back of ID (usually the Driver’s license) parent showed to notary. Minors aged 16 and 17 will be getting an adult 10 year passport and will only need one parent present.
2. The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows:
- Proof of citizenship - State-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with both parents' names listed -OR- a previous US Passport.
- 1 PASSPORT PHOTO with a white background. A facial recognition machine will be looking at your photo and needs to see a complete and bare face. This means no glasses, contacts, jewelry, hair covering any part of the face, headbands, or clothing with words on it. If you have a beard, the photo must show skin completely around the mouth, show your cheekbones, and be able to determine the chin line.
- Check or Money Order to the U.S Department of State in the amount of $110.00 for an adult age 16 and up for a routine 4 to 6 week turnaround time. The fee for a juvenile is $80.00. Passport cards are $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for a juvenile. If an expedited turnaround time of 2 to 3 weeks is needed, add an additional $60.00 per passport book or card. (No cash or credit/debit cards accepted.)
- Check or Money Order to Jenkintown Library in the amount of $25.00 per application. (No cash or credit/debit cards are accepted.)
- Completed passport application (DS-11), filled out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of White-Out or scribbled/blacked out information.
- Proof of ID
- Valid PA photo driver's license (if out-of- state driver's license, a second ID is required) -OR- other current government issued photo ID.
- Valid ID as above for each of a minor's parents.
- 16 or 17 year olds will need a valid driver’s license or PA State ID, -OR- if they do not have that, they will need to bring their photo school ID and their Social Security Card.
3. You can pick up an application at the library or download the application (DS-11) from www.travel.state.gov (do NOT print double-sided). Fill it out USING BLACK INK at home, except for the signature. You must sign the application form at the library in the presence of the library staff passport agent for the application to be valid.
4. www.travel.state.gov provides complete information about juvenile and adult passports, valid IDs, fees, passport renewal and more.