Jenkintown Library and the Book Drop are CLOSED Until Further Notice
Due to the Coronavirus restrictions set forth by Governor Wolf, the Jenkintown Library and the Book Drop will be CLOSED until further notice. We will be in touch again as we gather more information about the current situation.
During these challenging times, we still want to continue to be a resource for our community. We have gathered all of the helpful information and links for online resources that are now available from activities to e-books to live classes, and put them all on one page! We hope these will help as we all continue to practice social distancing and online learning. Check back often as we will add more as we receive them. Click here or the image below to visit our new Online Resources page!
Want to Start an Online Book Club?
Absentee Voting & Tax Forms
Download E-Books with your Library Card
Health & Safety Update
With the current news of the Coronavirus in Montgomery County, we would like to take a moment to share with you what precautions we are taking, as well as some recommendations. We are committed to keeping the library as clean and safe as possible.
Precautions & Recommendations
- Our goal is to remain open and continue to provide community service without posing a risk to the health of our staff or patrons.
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures based upon recommendations from the CDC.
- We will be requesting our patrons to hold their items, as well as their library card, up for scanning while checking out. This will help to minimize hand-to-hand contact.
- If you are not feeling well, we ask that you please rest up at home. Our staff will be doing the same.
- And if you are not feeling well, rest easy; all late fees will be waived until further notice. However, our outside book drop remains open 24/7.
- We will be temporarily closing our Bookstore, and we will not be accepting book donations, until further notice.
- With a heavy heart, we have decided to reschedule our March programs. Please see below for more information.
Events & Programming
We will be rescheduling the following programs:
- Herb Gardens | Saturday, March 14th
- St Patrick’s Party | Monday, March 16th
- Teen Study Night | Wednesday, March 18th
- A Very Happy Unbirthday Party | Saturday, March 21st
- Mad Hatter Tee Party | Monday, March 30th
As soon as we have more information we will let you know. Please stay tuned and thank you for your understanding.
For accurate and up-to-date information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we ask that you visit the CDC website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our patrons via our website, email and our social media pages.